Auzentech announces today the demonstration of an early version of its forhtcoming HDMI X-Tension at CES 2008 in the Creative Labs booth. This is a HDMI expansion for their soundcard.
"The sample to be displayed is a prototype, the first-of-its-kind, and provides a glimpse at one of the products
online for 2008," said Auzentech President Stephane Bae.
A sample of HDMI X-Tension benefits are listed below:
* A single HDMI cable can be connected with External devices like Digital TV or Receiver
* High compatibility with various external/internal devices by multi-Input selection (4 input).
* Compatibility with Desktop/HTPC/Slim PC (with Standard/LP bracket)
* Supports the next generation of Audio format (Dolby True HD/DTS HD)
* Swift and stable hardware installation without any installation of related software.
* Wide connectivity using the SPDIF Combo Output port.*
* Support for HDMI 1.3 and earlier receivers
* The SPDIF Input port on the Auzen X-Fi Prelude 7.1 is not available with Auzen X-Tension HDMI1.3.
Release of the HDMI X-tension is planned for Q2 of 2008