overclockzonefanpage  overclockzoneth  TV  RSS  

Thread: Problem with zyxel 660hw-t1 router

OverclockZone Member

Default Problem with zyxel 660hw-t1 router [SOLVED]

SOLVED - I DISCOVERED THAT RESETTING THE CONNECTION ******AND****** ACTIVATING DYNAMIC DNS DID THE TRICK :-)

Hi everyone, sorry I can't read Thais so I hope we have some English speakers :-)
    I have a 660hw-t1 that has worked fine until today. One my laptop (Compaq presario 550, without a wireless receiver) the connection was working fine with the cable plugged in but then stopped dead. I tried to reset the router, change the cable port, reset my operating system and fiddle the web based settings to the router, all to no avail.

The system still detects the ethernet and the network fine and I can access the web based router settings, but I can't browse anywhere. This is the case whether I boot into wxp or Linux.

One browser tells me "dns cannot resolve (any page I try to load)" each time.
    I have another laptop that uses the same router and is having no problems browsing whatsoever.

This is so bizarre how it just stopped working without me making any changes whatsoever.

Any ideas about how I could try and locate the problem? Any help very welcome indeed.
    Greg
    Last edited by redandwhit; 3 Jan 2009 at 01:03:26. Reason: solved