This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows Vista® and Windows® XP support for Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This download supports the following audio devices only:
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty® Professional Series
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
To find out the Product ID of your audio device and if it supports the following features in Windows XP, click here.
For systems using Windows Vista
* Dolby® Digital and DTS® decode re-established for sound cards that included decoding in their Windows XP drivers (Not applicable for products that included a 3rd party software DVD player license in the package).
* DVD-Audio playback re-established for sound cards that included the application in their Windows XP software suite (For Windows Vista 32-bit only).
Requires the latest Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player software. Click here to download.
* Resolves issue of audio popping when playing AC-3 Wave files or using Dolby Digital Live via the digital output on Windows Vista.
* Resolves Audio Control Panel issue of incorrect X-Fi CMSS®-3D behavior while using Audio Creation Mode.
* Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005 or Windows XP MCE 2004
* Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi audio devices listed above
* Do not install this driver for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.
* To install this driver
1. Download the SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008.exe file onto your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.