The GIGABYTE Open Overclocking Championship again promises to be the industry’s largest global overclocking competition with overclockers from 26 countries battling it out on top-notch hardware from GIGABYTE, Intel, NVIDIA, Kingston and ENERMAX.
The worldwide final contestants are the winners from the regional finals held in China, Czech Republic, Thailand and the USA in March and April. The winners of the regional events will then head to Taipei to compete against each other as well as last year’s GO OC 2008 Best P45 Overclock and Free Style champions in Taipei, Taiwan in the landmark Taipei 101 skyscraper on Wednesday, June 3rd, 2009, during COMPUTEX 2009.
Hardware Configuration (Provided by GIGABYTE)
* Intel Corei7 CPU
* Intel® X25-M SATA Solid-State Drive (80GB)
* GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P Motherboard
* GIGABYTE GV-N26OC-896H-B Graphics Card*2
* Kingston KHX16000D3K3/3GX DDR3 Memory
* ENERMAX Revolution85+ 1050W Power Supply
OS / Benchmark / Utility / Driver / BIOS (Pre-installed by GIGABYTE)
OS : Windows XP SP3 / Windows 7 32 bit
Benchmark : Super PI 32M, 3DMark Vantage
Utility, Tools : EASY TUNE 6, RIVATUNER v2.22, CPU-Z v1.49, GPU-Z v0.3.1
Graphics Driver : GeForce Driver 181.22 (PhysX enable)
Motherboard BIOS : F5
1. Hardware and software are provided by GIGABYTE; contestants are not allowed to use their own hardware or software.
2. GIGABYTE will provide hardware replacement if the original one dies or fails.
3. Contestants are allowed to bring their own equipments for soldering and modification. Modified hardware is allowed, so bring your modding tools.
4. Contestants should bring their own LN2 pots for CPU/GPU/Chipset. (LN2, Dry ice and thermal flasks will be prepared by GIGABYTE). Also any kind of cooling apparatus is allowed.
5. HDD is pre-installed and configured with windows XP SP3, windows 7, drivers, and utilities.
6. No outside software, non-GIGABYTE prepared thumb drive, optical device, etc are allowed.
7. Brand new USB thumb drive will be provided by GIGABYTE to save scores and screen shot.
8. Contestants may bring their own multi meter or digital temperature meter.
9. Hair dryers will not be provided, so ask nicely and borrow your girlfriend’s for the event.
10. Contestants need to bring their own insulation tool kits. Also paper towels, extra thermo, Dixie CPU, thermal paste, Vaseline, scissors..etc. (GIGABYTE will provide a limited supply).
1. Points will be awarded based on the results of each bench.
2. Points will be totaled and posted at the end of each round.
3. Contestants can update their results continuously within the valid set period of time set up by GIGABYTE.
4. Benchmark scores submitted after time is called will not count.
5. Contestants should “Printscreen” (PrtSc), save the results to GIGABYTE thumb drive and raise their hand to submit a score. GIGABYTE judges will then verify and take down the score.
6. Failure to submit a score for a round will not lead to disqualification.
7. Contestants with the highest points at the end of the competition will be declared champion.
8. GIGABYTE judges may ask contestants to run benchmarks again to verify scores.
9. Every contestant has one(1) chance to replace each of their hardware components.
10. Every contestant needs to save screenshot of result, otherwise the score isn’t valid.
11. In case of a tie, contestant with the highest Super PI 32M is declared the winner.
**GIGABYTE reserves the right to modify/amend in any way the Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice.
1st: US$ 5,000 cash and sponsor products (Total US$ 6,000 prize value)
2nd~ 6th : Sponsor products (Total US$ 1,000 prize value)
More information visit >>> http://gooc2009.gigabyte.com.tw/web/...tml?language=1