AMD ครบรอบ 40 ปี และ 4 ความทรงจำดีๆที่เคยพิชิต Intel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD ครบรอบ 40 ปี และ 4 ความทรงจำดีๆที่เคยพิชิต Intel

• AMD tried to kill the megahertz myth before Intel. [AMD พยายามลบตำนานความถี่ก่อน Intel] During the Pentium 4 days Intel kept pushing clock speeds higher and higher, before it hit a wall and abandoned the Prescott architecture. The message was clearly, "more megahertz is more better." AMD's competing Athlon XP chips, while clocked slower, often beat their Pentium 4 rivals. Ironically, AMD was the first to 1GHz, as some commenters have pointed out (don't know how I forgot that). Obviously though, AMD's performance lead didn't last forever.

• AMD beat Intel to 64-bit in mainstream computers. [AMD นำคอมพิวเตอร์ระดับล่างเข้าสู่ยุค 64bit ก่อน INTEL] And we're not just talking about its Opteron and Athlon 64 processors. AMD actually designed the X86-64 specification, which Intel wound up adopting and licensing—so AMD's spec is used Intel's 64-bit processors to this day.

• AMD was first to consider energy efficiency in processor designs. [AMD เป็นรายแรกใส่ระบบจัดการพลังงานในตัว ซีพียู ก่อน INTEL] Okay, this is kind of an extension of point number one, but during Intel's Pentium 4 'roid rage period AMD's processors consistently used less power than Intel's. Intel's performance per watt revelation didn't really start until the Pentium M (which was actually a throwback to the P6 architecture), which set the tone for Intel's new direction in its successor, the Core line of chips.

• AMD beat Intel to having an integrated memory controller. [AMD นำ Memory Controller มาใส่ในตัว CPU ก่อน INTEL] A tech feature AMD lorded over Intel for years: AMD's processors started integrating the memory controller with its processors years ago, reducing memory latency. Intel's first chip to use an integrated memory controller is the Core i7—before, the memory controller was separate from the processor. (Here's why Intel says they held off.)

Athlon XP and Athlon 64—those were the good old days, AMD's cutthroat competitive days. The days they were ahead of Intel. I miss them—at one point, every hand-built computer in my house ran AMD processors. I felt like a rebel—a rebel with faster, cheaper computers.

Unfortunately, I don't run AMD chips anymore. Intel came back, and came back hard. But here's hoping for another resurgence, and another 40 years, guys. Share your favorite AMD memories in the comments.
    Last edited by X3STeNLiTE; 9 May 2009, 21:44:05.

AMD หนึ่งในใจผม

ปล.เปิดหัวได้ก่อนด้วย

Comment

amd

amd จงเจริญ ฮิ้วๆ อยู่คู่ ชายหญิง หน้าตาดี มานมนาน และยังคงอยู่ต่อไป

Comment

ชอบกระทู้แนวนี้จัง 555+ AMD AMD AMD

Comment

ชอบ amd มาก

ใช้อีกยี่ห้อ ก็ไม่สนิทใจเท่า amd

Comment

เด๊วจะมีมาโพสว่า มีก่อน ทำก่อน ไม่ได้ดีกว่าเสมอไป เห้อๆๆๆๆ

ดักแร้ง ไว้ก่อน

Comment

ผมว่า amd พิชิตราคา intel ด้วยนะครับ

Comment

Originally posted by boyro View Post
                เด๊วจะมีมาโพสว่า มีก่อน ทำก่อน ไม่ได้ดีกว่าเสมอไป เห้อๆๆๆๆ

ดักแร้ง ไว้ก่อน
                เอิ๊กๆๆๆๆ อย่าไปว่าเขา

Comment

ตอนนี้ใช้ intel C2D แต่อีกไม่นาน จะตามไปจีบ Phenom II 55++

Comment

AMD อีกเสียงครับ

เจ๋งจริง

Comment

4 ความ ทรง จำ ดีๆ (ทำได้แค่นี้ อิิอิ)

ิอยากไป AMD จัง PHENOM II คริคริ

Comment

ก็ D นะ

Comment

Originally posted by Neszel View Post
                          ผมว่า amd พิชิตราคา intel ด้วยนะครับ
                          +10 ครับ อิอิ

Comment

AMD ด้วยอีกเสียง 1

Comment

ถ้ามีคนมาตั้ง 40 ปีของเอเอ็มดี กับความทรงจำที่อินเทลพิชิต เอเอ็มดี บ้างจะเป็นไงหนอ

Comment

Working...
                              X