Comment

500/1200 CL5 5-5-15 1.88V
      Super PI 32M

Comment

The 2nd half of my review

BIOS options
        Boot-up screen

The main options for tweaking

Somehow it’s a “characteristic” of Intel chipset when overclocking…
        it will shutdown after tweaking. For that, DFI has 2 different modes to chose:
        Mode 1) when the system was boot-up, it will run a little “diagnose”.
        If the CPU frequency doesn’t change too much, it will skip the “shutdown”
        function and rewrite the clock generator directly.

Clock VCO Divider
        This function is use to fix the clock generator’s divider and “NB Strap” by its
        jumper. Then, system wouldn’t be reboot again because it presumed itself is
        not in an overclock status. (this function needs to cooperate with particular
        jumper)

CPU FSB range: from 200 to 700MHz

Boot-up clock
        This function can help you out by setting a lower boot up clock as a buffer,
        when your FSB is tweaked too high in the beginning.

Memory Speed ratio option is really plentiful

CPU related functions

DRAM Timing details

Voltage related settings
        The CPU voltage can be separated into 2 sections:
        1st section is from 0.44375 to 1.6000V
        2nd section is 100.23~ 130.00%

The range of DRAM: 1.710 to 3.040V

PC health status

I found that the “copper bridge” over the CPU and PWM area is a sufficient
        way to dissipate heat form both of them. Hence, if the CPU cooler has a
        better dissipation,
        It’ll help to carry out heat from other chipsets. .On the contrary, if the
        Transpiper shows a better performance of heat dissipation, it also will help
        CPU to carry out apart of the heat. I think they help each other….

The Transpiper can be extended to outside of the chassis. And let the PSU
        fan to carry out the heat from inside the chassis. I think if I put a 8 x 8cm
        fan onto south bridge part, the effect of heat conduction will be double.

The cooler installed

The copper bridge helps two parts to conduct heat.
        Of course the thermal paste is needed...

Comment

Test system detail
          CPU:INTEL Core 2 Duo E6850
          MB: DFI LP UT P35-T2R
          DRAM:CORSAIR Dominator TWIN2X2048-8888C4DF
          VGA:ELSA 860GT PH2 256B3 2DT RH
          HD:WD1600AAJS
          POWER:Corsair HX620W Modular Power Supply
          Cooler:Thermaltake V1

At the previous part, I have already showed you the FSB test.
          It’s a pity I only have a Intel E6850 CPU, which is not that good in FSB tweaking.
          Generally speaking, most of P35 board in market might be stable at FSB500.
          But if the FSB overclock than 505 or above, that will made the system unable
          to boot up or can’t made the OS start up smoothly. DFI’s LP UT P35-T2R can
          get into OS stably under FSB522, more than that, it also can completely
          finished a Super PI 32M.
          Once I have a better CPU, I’ll update a extreme FSB OC review then.

Actually, there was several very good review of FSB record around some HW sites.
          6th Aug. version BIOS has enhanced DRAM’s performance of this board.
          It particularly improves a lot when memory such like Corsair’s advanced “tall”
          PCB modules. First, you can try to make the “CLK fine delay” option into 6.
          (Notice: if you use this setting for “short” PCB DDRII modules, it may caused
          hanging or shut down) Somehow, different PCB modules needed different LCK
          fine delay settings, it has to spend so much time to find the answer.

If you follow the golden ratio of 500/1200 in DDRII CL5 5-5-15, I found that,
          it only need 1.95V (BIOS default is 1.972V), 2 Super PI 32M can be done steady.

Even though the Enhance Data transmitting/ addressing has been set to “Auto”, the bandwidth’s performance is still better than some others.

For Intel chipset, It is really not easy to reach DDRII 1100~1200 under the
          setting of “CL4”. On the other hand, the system also took only 2.44V (BIOS
          default is 2.47V) to finish 2 Super PI 32M stably. Under same “golden ratio
          500/1200, DDRIICL4 4-4-9

The “bandwidth” looks great when memory under testing.

This is a quite outstanding OC record of Intel platform.
          It finished the task under 1200 CL5 low voltage and 1200 CL4 settings.
          3DMark2003 test.

DFI LP UT P35-T2R
          The merits:
          1)A good look and tasteful package design and related design
          2)100% Japanese solid capacitors, 3 slots of PCIe x 16, which supports
          CrossFire and physics rendering.
          3)A unique heat piper cooler, Transpiper. It is real sufficient for heat
          dissipation for inside or outside of the chassis.
          4)Rich BIOS options for OC and voltage, especially an enhancement for Intel
          chipset’s characteristic that forced to shutdown and decrease voltage.
          5)8 phases digital PWM and independent Bernstein audio module.
          6)Seems the best FSB OC for all P35 board in the market. DDRII performance
          is almost the same.

Defects:
          1)It almost like a common failing that DFI’s LP board is apparently higher price
          in market. This model cost around USD$290.(I knew some area has priced
          USD$260)
          2)It should have a more detail but easy understanding install menu for
          Transpiper to let users to install it quickly.
          3)DFI P35 launched into market later than others manufacturer almost 2
          months (before, they almost release new products that later than others up
          to half year. It much better, but hope they can improve that after)

I heard a lot about X38 in this half year. Maybe most of mobo manufacturers
          will launch their X38 in 1 or 2 months. But, leading brands keep launching new
          P35 products. It proves how “charming” the P35 can be… Besides, X38 only
          born for DDR3, of course it has a better bandwidth for Crossfire. The spec.
          comparison between P35 and X38 is quite similar to 965 and 975.

However, It is good to see that DFI did a good job with its LP P35. Obviously,
          they have some improvements on OC ability and product’s creativity.
          I agree this is a good choice when you want to have a try of P35 high-end motherboards.
          This is my brief introduction though.
          If I have found some thing further on audio or OC settings, I’ll update that to
          you guys. Thanks!!

windwithme next test...which one do you want to see?!

BIOSTAR TD35D3-A7 Deluxe

MSI P35 Diamond

DFI BLOOD-IRON(INFINITY P35)

ASUS P5K-Permium

GIGABYTE P35-DS3P

BENQ 241WZ

Comment

I would like to see review on ASUS P5K-Permium and GIGABYTE P35-DS3P, maybe DFI BLOOD-IRON(INFINITY P35) too! thx very much.

Comment

ซิงก์ระบายความร้อนชิบเซ็ท อลังการมาก

ถึงกับต่อออกมานอกเคส

คงแปลกพิลึก

Comment

Thank you for yourkindness. Hope to see your preview soon. It's very great.

Comment

เล่นกันทะลุเคสเลย แรงจริงๆ

Comment

ถาม TK แล้ว ของเข้าปลายเดือนนี้แน่นอน ราคาเดิม 11500 เท่า 680i เลย

Comment

500/1200 CL5 5-5-9 1.85V
                      2 Super PI 32M stably

E6700 555Mhz
                      2 Super PI 32M stably

Comment

Working...
                      X