This tweak definitely works!
Pics up soon.
System specs, just straight boot didn't editing any timings:
Then just run without cw/cdt:
And with the previous OPB CDT I learned from him:
Now, how about with this new OPB CDT-IV tweak:
Wow, how about that? I just shaved of 16 seconds of a SPI 32M round!
I'll explain exactly how I did it as some have some trouble understandning how to do this tweak.
First you will need to set your maxmem to 600 (I used 620 which worked good aswell, though I belive the file 600+32MB is 600MB = avaliable ram and the extra 32MB is because of pi 32M calculation, am I right Kevin?) and also I believe it is very important to have a 512-512MB big pagefile on the SPI-partition (D: in my and Kevins case). Ok, now the instructions:
1. I created 1x 632mb file using the command "fsutil file createnew D:\myfile 647168000" (1000*1024*632) for a file of exactly 632MB.
2. Then I put it in a RAR-archive with the Store Compression method for no compression.
3. After that I renamed it to myfile2 and then myfile3 and after each rename add it to the RAR-archive with the Store option so that you get a 1896MB big RAR-archive.
4. Then I transfered it to my benchdisk with an USB flashdisk (I created the file on my laptop) and put it on SPI-partition (D:\file.rar).
5. Now you start SPI and select 32M calculation and press OK, but don't press OK to start it, let it wait there.
6. After that you copy it three times to C:\file.rar and the two other times you have to overwrite of course.
7. Next you copy D:\file.rar to any folder on D:\, for me it was D:\cw\, three times just like you did to C:\ before.
8. Now, as Kevin says, to balance it you copy the file C:\file.rar to D:\file.rar and overwrite it. I did it three times and I saw the ammount Avaliable memory raise each time.
9. Now you can close the Taskmanager if you had it open for monitoring and all the other windows not related to SPI and now you can start your calculation!
Hope this writeup helps you understand Kevins outstanding tweak better, I can only imagine what it takes to be able to find this tweak out.
BTW, I didn't get the Avaliable memory and System cache balanced so System cache was about 2MB more. If I can get those two balanced maybe even more gain is possible.